The KC SMART Runners running club is thrilled to present the Runner Recognition Program. This competition celebrates runners of all levels through a variety of divisions that factor in different types of performance. In order to participate, you must register for the program, pay the entry fee and submit your results for races. You must be logged in to submit your race results. Note that races that are short on distance will be ineligible based on the Boards decision. If you’re having difficulty getting registered, try using Google Chrome web browser.
The Runner of the Year division is a points based competition. This division looks at the 10 highest scoring races for each contender, based on points for distance, overall and age group awards, and partner race bonuses. The scoring requires a manual adjustment that will be completed on Tuesday of each week and goes as follows:
- Oddball Races = 1pt
- 5K= 2pt
- Half marathon = 4pts
- Marathon = 5 pts
- Ultra Marathon = 6pts
- Race Winner = 1pt bonus
OR (ONLY ONE WINNER BONUS POINT PER RACE)
- Age group winner = 1pt bonus
* Partner Race = 1pt Bonus
KC SMART Runners Club Proudly announces the 2023 Runner Recognition Program Partner Race Series:
- Bodies Race Co. Time to Paddy 5k/10k – Kansas City 3/4/2023
- Liberty Half Marathon/Jewell 5K – Liberty 3/25/2023
- Mile 0 Flint Hills Trail Race (50K/20mi/10mi) – Osawatomie, KS 4/15/2023
- Bodies Race Co. RC Half Marathon (Half/10K/5K) – Kansas City 6/24/2023
- Ward Parkway Four on the Fourth (4mi) – Kansas City 7/4/2023
- Hearts For RMHC (10K/5K) – Parkville 8/27/2023
- Bodies Race Co. Spooky Sprint (10K/5K) – Kansas City 10/28/2023
- Kansas City Race Co. Veterans Day 5K – Parkville 11/11/2023
- Gobbler Grind (Marathon/Half/10K/5K) – Overland Park 11/19/2023
- Bodies Race Co. Candy Cane Course – Kansas City 12/16/2023
- All Partner Race Series races have a special KC SMART Runners discount code in the members portal to use when you register for these races.
The 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, Marathon, Ultra Marathon, Oddball, and Youth divisions are all scored based on total miles completed in eligible races.
The Most Improved division is scored based on the number of PRs achieved over the course of the competition.
The Volunteer of the Year division will be a nomination form that will be released at the beginning of December and will not displayed on the leaderboard due to the nature of their scoring and selection.